Wednesday 11 September 2024

Blog problem

 So, I'm cleaning up the sidebars of the Chronicles. Removing defunct links, creating new ones...somebody has to do it.

Here's the problem: there are a lot of "broken" avatars under the "followers" heading. This is not a problem for the working of the blog, rather than that it is unsightly.

Does anyone known how to fix this or where to find the solution?

Thank you for helping out.

Pjotr

EDIT: Well the erudite Steve-the-Wargamer has an answer. He thinks the issue is followers who have a Google ID, but have not set an avatar on their Google profile.

We know who you are!...get cracking, or not, it's up to you.

8 comments:

  1. Not surecthere is a fix.. I think they are Bloggers who have stopped blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. perfectly preserved in a primordial soup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, could you, as I see now your avatar is also missing and you are clearly unpreserved, unfollow my blog and hit the follow button again a bit later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done - I think I know what the issue is - it is people who have a Google id, but have not set an avatar on their Google profile

      Delete
  4. Thank you Steve, I think you're on to something. i'll edit the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know, but good to see you back in action Peter.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words. And now for some stable work, another 20 horses to clean and I can start assembling the forces. It wil be impressive I think.

    ReplyDelete